The St Aidan's BE1150-B is a walking
dragline opencast coal mining machine. Built in 1948 it
initially worked near Pontypool in Wales from 1954 to 1963. It then
worked near Cannock
in Staffordshire before moving to Yorkshire in 1974. It survived the
flood caused by the breach
of the River Aire in 1988 and was donated to St Aidan's trust in 2000 as
a museum site.